3 Places You Should Visit in Penang

October 04, 2023

 Bismillah.


me with my cutest teddy bear bag >>>




At the start of our new semester, my friends and I accidentally went on a VERY VERY impromptu trip. Guess where? It's the one and only, PENANG.

It was sudden actually. I was chilling in my room on a Wednesday evening scrolling tiktok before Anas called me. She just said casually, "hey you wanna go to Penang? We can... I don't know, visit Nas and Intan maybe?"

Of course I had to say yes (I never said no to people). We've been to Perlis, Cameron Highlands, some parts of Kedah and a few places here and there in KL, but we've never been to Penang. It was Penang peeps. How could we never go there once during our whole 3 years of study?

So Yumna bought bus tickets for the five of us. The plan was, we'd hopped on the night Friday bus, then Nad and Intan (our friends who are doing internship) would come and pick us up. Stayed a night at Nad's expensive apartment, then spent the rest of the weekends playing tourist.

We did plan our itinerary though. But we're only humans (Alexa play Human by Christina Perri), and our planning didn't exactly go accordingly.

But it's okay, we had our fun and our utmost time there <3

So if you've never been to Penang, this blog post is dedicated FOR YOU.



1) Restoran Biru-biru

This restaurant is probably one of the most beach-y restaurant I've ever been to in my life. It was the best! From the food, the decorations, the interiors and the scenery... Everything is purrfecc.






The interior. This restaurant is located beside the beach so you can enjoy the calm breeze and salty air while enjoying your meals. And because we went there during weekend, the place was super packed. It was also hard to find a parking spot, so if you wanna go there, do plan in advance!



again, me with my cutest teddy! 



The food was super scrumptious! We couldn't get enough of it. The price isn't that cheap, but it's affordable. Price range: RM15-30


Nasi lemak, aglio oilio (at least that's what i think), pizza, and drinks. I would recommend to try the aglio olio/pasta and the strawberry drink is super sweeeett!



2) Kampung Agong

Yall heard of Kampung Agong? No? Well neither did I.

Apparently this place was started by an individual, to which the kampung people called him 'Agong' due to his wealth and generosity. If you want a relax, cottage vibes, then this place is for you! The ticket price is RM10, and the place was so large you could get lost in it. 

There are a lot of interiors and attractions which look as if they came out of early 2000s Malay movies. There are horses you can feed, musolla to pray, small shops for souvenirs, and they also sell food! So you don't have to worry of feeling thirsty or hungry. But oh well, the mineral water costs RM4 so I would advise to bring your own water!



the girl in the sarang burung


high staircases


the girl with the buaian



and of course, the drinks :)) Price range is between RM10-20



3) Jonker Street

I think this is a famous street almost every Malaysian knows. To give you a picture, it's where people walk and walk and walk. There are small shops along the streets, where you can buy flowers, phone charms, mini fans, ice creams, drinks, foods, or even batik. It's mostly the neighbourhood aesthetics it gives off that make the place so attractive.



That's all! Penang is such a wonderful state with the perfect balance of urban-ness and villages. I definitely recommend going here for a staycation or holiday trips <3. Till then, enjoy! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments