Gunung Alai, A Picturesque View

November 19, 2023

 Bismillah.




We hiked the Gunung Alai the other day! Yes you heard (or read, to be precise) it right! 

One of my wishlists has always been to hike a mountain, not just the small hills. And I finally did it!💗One wishlist crossed!

There were a total of 18 of us friends so we went there with 4 cars. We started our journey from campus early, some time around 10pm and reached the meeting point at Restoran Kari Kepala Ikan Salim at 1am. I ate two roti canai kosong because one was just not enough to fill my growling stomach. The roti canai was damn good, but the kuah kari is a no-no. 

Aside from us 18 people, we were joined together with 12 strangers along with 3 malim gunung (that's what they call the hiking guides). I spent RM65 for the permit and the malim fees

After everyone had arrived, we followed the malims to the designated location. Unlike Berekeh, there wasn't a proper parking space here. It was more like the excess space near the village so I was feeling a bit off at that. If yall are wondering, this village isn't Orang Asli village. 

The hike started at around 2.50 a.m. The earliest group arrived at the peak at 4 a.m. meanwhile me and my gurls and two gentlemen and one malim was the last group to arrive. It was around 6.10 a.m. and the sun had already started to rise :')

Anyway, we were suuuperrrrr thrilled as there were already many people there. A lot of them built their own pacaks to sleep under, but we don't have that so we just chilled on our rubber mat. The weather was extra colddd and I didn't bring my windbreaker so I was the only one hugging myself to keep me warm :') (Sofea lent me hers later though, what a sweet girl). The boys cooked us instant Maggi. Thank you guys!!

There a total of 3 checkpoints before finally reaching the peak. Someone built resting benches out of tree trunks at each of the checkpoint, so it was truly nice to be able to take a breathe after all those sweatings. The hiking difficulty level was moderate, I'd say. I definitely think Berekeh was a lot more difficult as it went like: /\ /\ /\ meanwhile Gunung Alai's trail is mostly what we would call "denai" and landai, something like this: __/ --/

The track was easy and well-identified. Honestly, I think you'd be just fine without a guide. Just be sure to apply for permit at the Jabatan Perhutanan

The view you ask? Oh it was top-tier. A whole different level compared to Berekeh and other hills I've hiked before. Here, you can totally see the whole awan karpet. All the clouds were covering the forests and hills and it was SO FREAKIN PRETTY. Subhanallah.



Gunung Alai, Gerik, Perak
Distance: 5.5km
Highest Elevation: 791m

We took LOTS of pictures, but lemme just kept them in my personal files. Can you see the two mountain peaks in the picture? That is Gunung Kerunai (1000m) and Gunung Kenderong (1123m). 



After the peak, we went slightly off somewhere to another peak (refer picture above) where the view is clearer.

And did I mention it rained slightly? >,< Due to that, the slope was more slippery than usual, and muddy. Yup, muddily muddy mud. Especially when we hiked down the mountain. It got me fell on my ass for 2 times. All my clothes were covered in mud that if you look at me, you would wonder 'what the hell did she went into the paddy field?'

Our shoes ehek :PP

I washed my shoes immediately when we got back. However, the yellowish stain was still there. Any tips to get rid of the stainn pleaseeeee. Oh my god I loved my previously dusty pink shoes because it was hella pretty and now I'm stuck with this worn-down looking shoes. What a heartbreaking reality :'''



View: Infinity/10
Hiking difficulty: 4/10
Overall experience: PERFECT 100000/10
Recommended? DEFINITELY YES YES YESS


All in all, it was an easy hike. Just be careful if it rains as you don't wanna hurt your butt. There is also a waterfall near the place but it was closed as it was dangerous and not safe. Would I go here again? Absolutely! It was worth every penny and cent.

Maybe it was because I went there with friends, hence the ultra-nice experience. But anyway, hey, if you got extra time, do spend it on a hike to here! Worth all the sweats and fuels, I'd guarantee that 💝



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. SubhanaAllah cantiknya the viewwwwww! :) Bestnyaaaa pergi hiking! Kita ni tak mampu nak hike tinggi2 mcm tuuu. Hihi. Tahniahhhh! :)

    ReplyDelete