Financial Management at its Worst

December 08, 2020

 Bismillah.




Siapa kat sini tak pandai manage duit? 




Aku la tuuu hahahahahahahha.


Ekceli, i was brought up in a family, which my mum always stress on the importance of financial management. She wouldn't buy anything unnecessary (unlike me). New phone? New watch? New purse? Hell no.

Everytime i said my purse is old and i want to buy a new one, she would brag about her purse. She's been using it for almost 25 years now. She bought it with her first salary as a teacher. It is still fine and looks good.

She started this new habit of saving RM 25 every week since three years ago. She told me she learnt it from a cleaner at her school. This cleaner always wears a new gold ring or bracelet everytime my mum saw her. Out of curiousity, she asked her how did she manage to buy those gold?

the cleaner said, "Although my salary was little, but i disciplined myself to save RM5 per week. In a year or two, the savings will be enough for me to buy a new ring."

My mum was so mesmerized  by this. She started saving every week for the purpose of my second sister's education. For me, she managed to save for 2 years, and guess what? The saving amounts up to RM1900 something! Omg i'm shocked!

My mum taught me to not buy new clothes. Just wear the ones i already own. Don't buy too many books at once, babe you aint gonna read all of em. Tealive? Dahek. It tastes the same as RM2 tea peng you bought at the roadside. Why spend more, when you can spend less?

When I was younger, I used to wonder why the hell people spend more than they can afford? People who has salary RM8000, went broke because they live a lavish lifestyle. Why can't they live normally, like B40? Who cares what others say?



--------that was what i used to think when i was younger. 


Now, enrolling into a university, got my hands on my own money (scholarship money), I realized that it is easier said than done. Tealive? I bought it because it's tasty...the pearl is so nyummmyyy..... White shirt? It was pretty, and i can't help it.... What about the three lipsticks you bought? And eye palette? Gurl you don't do makeup! Why???!!

Okay. I bought the first lipstick because my friend was selling it. So it's sort of like, supporting member. The second lipstick is the lipstick that i like, plus it's on sale. And it comes package with free 1 lipstick and 1 black lipgloss. The other lip dessert from Beautyra is so pretty and has a nice smell and it was on sale during 11.11, so i gotta buy it.

.

.

Oh my God. I am so sorry, dearest self. I'd never knew I could be so obsessed with sales and shopping.


Wait i'll show you. 




Did yall see my current bank account balance? Yeah it's depressing I know.

What is making me more depressed is the fact that I spend about RM1000 for stuffs I don't need. Which is 1/3 from the scholarship money. I mean, this is not food guys. If it's food, I can consider it because humans need to eat in order to live, so okay. But what is this guys? What the hell am I seeing? What is it that I bought on Shopee? Oh God, I really need to sort out my life.

The shopping thingy is also unexpected. It was separate shopping from my Shopee. I bought the stuffs through Telegram. Personal shopper and preloved things channel.


Let me list them down here (shopping stuffs that are not bought from Shopee) :

RM 38 - The Ordinary Glycolid Acid 7% Toning Solution
(preloved, but it was used only once or twice). This one I actually use it once or twice a week, but it kinda burn my skin so I stop using it for now. I don't really understand skincare, but I heard exfoliating is good for your skin bcs it removes dead skin cell... I looked it up on Shopee and saw the price range for this stuff is usually around RM40-45 exclude postage so ummm can i consider it a bargain?

RM 18 - Clinique mascara
again, preloved item. I actually own one mascara+eyeliner from brand Pure Theory. Bought it with the usual PS I dealt with. The mascara is a big NO but the eyeliner part is quite nice for beginner like me. Tapi tak tahan lama. Cepat semenyeh(?) dan comot. Jadi jangan beli guys hahahaa. Clinique mascara ni best, senang dipakai, tak comot, tahan lama gak la. Aku baru pakai 2 3 kali, dalam bilik je pakai. Covid ni nak keluar pergi mana yalls. Dahlah banyak gila kes kat Perak. Tapi dia tak waterproof, tapi okay la. Yang part paling aku suka, dia tak jadikan bulu mata aku terlalu melentik dan lebat, sebab I hate that kind of look. Macam perempuan belen hahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait. You guys want pictures? Jap aku cari gambaq

credit : Google


RM40 - Zarzou BHS
credit : Google


Preloved. There's still a LOT left. Do yall know how much BHS usually cost? RM59 exclude postage. So this one is REALLY A BARGAIN. Seller ni pos sekali dengan kotak and card Zarzou, and it is so pretty. Dah lama aku usyar Zarzou BHS ni, tapi tulah takde duit. Tapi sekarang diorang ada keluarkan produk baru. Zarzou RSS. Tergoda jugak tengok RSS tu. Aku guna BHS ni every day and night, after pakai toner. Haritu aku ada baca, nak pakai BHS ni kena guna sunscreen after that sebab BHS ada bahan yang emm apa entah tapi kena pair dengan sunscreen la. Kulit aku jenis normal to dry. Kadang-kadang ada jerawat naik. Tapi banyak parut gak kat muka aku ni sebab masa kecik aku buas. So far, aku tak tahu apa effect BHS kat muka aku HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA 
(baca : rip money RM40)
Tapi masa bangun tidur tu, if malam tu aku pakai, bangun tidur tu jadi macam wah bercahaya Nur seperti baru sudah mengaji 30 juz gitchew ahhahahaha. Aku baca, dia bagus untuk parut. Maybe kena lebih konsisten kut. Dan sabar menunggu result.

~Consistency is key~

RM10 - NZ Crunchies

credit : Google

ni member aku jual. Besar lah bagi aku untuk harga RM10. Aku beli perisa cheese. Tak tahulah berapa banyak jumlah perisa yang ada. Tapi bagi aku biasa je. Aku lagi suka jenis yang cheese pedas-pedas gitu. Yang ni, cheese dia kurang umphh. Not gonna repeat. Tapi kawan aku suka je. Dia siap repeat hokayy. Taste orang lain-lain kan hehe.


RM25 - sunscreen APieu
credit : Google

ada banyak colour dan jenis. Aku beli warna biru turquoise tu. Lisa guna yang warna pink. Pink ni tekstur dia matte and bau wangi gila. Perfect untuk yang suka mekap sebab ada toning effect (dahek is that idk. lisa told me)
Beli kat grup telegram preloved, tapi entah kenapa dia sampai kat tangan aku dengan berbalut kemas plastik tu. Best la pakai. Sejuk je. Aku tengok review pun macam okay. Reason aku beli sebab aku baru tahu 3W sunscreen yang aku guna selama ni ada satu bahan yang boleh mengganggu hormon dalam badan. So it is understandable sebab kita perlukan sunscreen untuk terus hidup okayy



RM35 - Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence

credit : Google

Aku tak tahu fungsi mende ni. Aku beli sebab aku belum ada toner. Maklumlah, beginnero amateuro. Preloved. Tapi still ada banyak gila left. Tapi sekarang, aku dah ada beli Hada Labo Hydrating premium Lotion masa sale 11.11 aritu so dah tak guna yang ni. So ummmm it's a waste of money, yes. Do you guys know what this stuff helps with? If yall don't mind, drop your thoughts in the comment section okayyy.


RM20 - a white shirt

Preloved. Bought from the same seller yang jual Clinique mascara tu.  Lawa gila namateyy. I think it's from some brand at Zalora. Lupa brand apa malas nak tengok. Gambar pun malas nak ambil. Belum guna lagi, tapi dah try it on. Labuh sampai ke betis sebab aku pendek orangnya. So this one's a bargain hehe. Approved!

RM23 - 2 shawls from @ellohijabshq

Shawl satin matte code Mint dan Chipsmore. Masa ni diorang tengah buat sale, sebab tu murah gilaaa. Aku memang pengguna tegar shawl satin matte ellohijabs sebab best gila material dia. Kalau nak beli, boleh beli dengan I okayy sebab I pun dah jadi dropship diorang hehehehehehe. 

haaaa tunggu apaa lagii follow la igshop saya : @scarves.gojes

RM20 - Anthem by HLovate

credit : Google

preloved book. Korang tahu tak sekarang ni buku-buku HLovate dah tak dipublish dah. So harga dia mahal gila namatey. Aku tengok kat Shopee, orang jual preloved harga RM80-100. Tak masuk akal kan! Aku dah laamaaa cari buku HLovate, so this one is truly a bargain!! Best gila buku Anthem wehhh omgg

RM23 - AIMIZZ Shawl in code purple from @theheartscarves


Ni kawan aku jual. She started her own tudung brand. Well takdelah famous macam Duck or Tudungpeople tapi it's big enough for me! Her tudung is so lawaa that's why i have to buy it!! Nak beli? Beli dengan I hikhik. 

Macam biasa : @scarves.gojes



Okay aku rasa tu jelah yang aku shopping not through Shopee. Yang Shopee pun ada hikhik tapi aku dah tak sanggup nak list down tau. rasa macam useless gila hidup aku ni. How could I shop till I drop?! Patutlah hidup aku dipenuhi dengan makan biskut cicah milo je akhir-akhir ni. Padan muka huhuhu. Can't remember the last proper meal I had. Oh wait. It was yesterday. 

Yesterday ada majlis bacaan yasin dan solat hajat sempena our final week. So the masjid gave out nasi minyak, mineral water and an apple. And I had never felt so kenyang like that, since like, forever.

Hahahaha chill guys. As long as I'm alive, then it's okay i guess. Sekarang ni tengah study week, three days to go until our first Extended Assignment. Kat UTP, we don't have finals since Covid, kitorang ganti dengan Extended Assignment. Basically, we have 24 hours to finish our assignment but the assignemnt will be so badass huhuhu. :'( tacoooddd



Do pray for us guys =D

*and my bank account too



Another thing. How do you guys manage your money? Any tips or tricks? Today i listened to a podcast about financial management, by a guy called FinancialGory. Yall can find him on twitter and ig : @azraeimohamad

It was really refreshing. He set aside 10% of his money every time he gets (salary, allowance) since he was  a kid. And now, he has more than RM100 000! Cool!



You Might Also Like

0 comments