The Day Before PKPB

November 09, 2020

 Bismillah.





PKPB in all states in Peninsular Malaysia was announced in the afternoon on 7th November. My friends and I discussed on whether or not we should go home. I called my mum and asked her if i should go home since we all know that PKPB would definitely be extended, not just for 4 weeks. We talked for some time and decided I was better off staying in campus for the sake of my extended assignment (EA. replacement for final). 

Syakir's mum told him to go home. That left only three of us (schoolmates). 

The next day, I wanted to clear up my mind. After subuh, my roommate and her friend and I went cycling near Oval Park (located beside the main gate). We wanted to watch sunrise, but couldn't since the sun was behind the cloudy clouds. anyway we had fun forgetting all the troubles Covid-19 had caused us. It was a nice, relaxing moment.

As we were on the way to our room, we received notifications coming from Outlook. We checked it up. It was an email from UTP Covid Response Team.

It stated in the e-mail to notify that UTP will be closed, and students are encouraged to go home, and if we decided to stay, it would be fine but room adjustments might be done. 

Panic. 

If we are encouraged, then that means situation is worse than what we expected and we definitely should go home.

Currently there's a lot of rising cases in Perak, and we aren't happy about it.

I decided to ask my friends again. The only thing that's bothering me from going home is no other than the assignments. Yes I could've Google Meet or whatsapp my friends to ask about study, but to what extent? The best thing to do when I couldn't understand a topic is to ask directly in front of their face.

Bus tickets are selling out. Time is running low. Panic panic panic.

I was so miserable. After cycling, I turned off my phone and slept. I didn't want anyone asking me anything. I didn't want to hear one more people saying he or she will go home. 

Once I has waken up, I turned on the phone and saw Wafiy's message. He said his mum told him to go home, and his dad will be picking him up. 

Ah. What a mess. 

I asked Ainul. She decided to stay. So I decided to stay, too.

We knew what it meant to stay for PKPB. It means more than 4 weeks. It means the probability of us not seeing our family until next year is high. It means we're gonna spend our sem break here, trapped in this place.

My housemates all decided to stay (again, for the sake of EA. Because studying alone is damn hard). Oh wait. Three people went home. Nad, tiyah and anas.

Since it's gonna be PKPB and it would be hard to go out, Mira and I went to Billion Supermarket after Zuhr and it was loaded with people. Not a surprise anyway. We bought groceries for five of us. Rice, flour, eggs, perencah Maggi cukup rasa, potatoes and onions and other stuffs to feed us for the next rough, upcoming days.

Yesterday was a total mess for me. I felt miserable all day. I couldn't focus on anything. I went cycling again in the afternoon after asr. But the weather was harsh yesterday. There was lightning and dark clouds and raining a little.

I went to Masjid An-Nuur for Maghrib and Isyak, since you know. It would be the last time before PKPB. And who knows when is it going to end?


the beauty of Masjid An-Nuur. it is usually open for public, but since it's covid.... so yeah. not open for now





Although I'm reallyyyyy sad, but i know this is what we called jihad (i think laa hahahaha). Jihad is tuntutan dalam agama, and Allah will definitely reward us for our jihad.

May Allah ease.



You Might Also Like

0 comments