Friday, September 09, 2016

The Illness i-CUTE Drama Team



Assalamualaikum.

Ehem ehem. When I was a kid, I've always wondered what it was like to be an actor. Was it fun? Was it lovely? Was it hard? 

For me, sure it's fun cause you get to act as if you're about to collapsed. I always love that part when you are sick and then your nose's bleeding, and the next thing you know, you roll your eyes up and then you collapse right on the floor. When you open up your eyes, there's only white colour. There'll be questions like "where am I?" "uhh what's this place?" And there'll be your sister or mother beside you, screaming for doctor. Your vision's still blurry but hey, when it gets better, you get to look at your beloved ones' faces.

For me, yup, that's the most lovely part of all the acting.

Oh, there's another version too. There is you, as healthy as a horse, strong as an ox, fit as a fiddle (any other similes that suit), you collapsed and when you wake up, you get an amnesia and forget about your lover. Do you even know why? Well, I can tell you. It's because you were knocked out of conscious when your head hit the rock. And wanna know what's the cure to it so that you can remember your lover and all the sweet memories? Just hit your head with a big rock again. It will instantly bring back your memories (yeaa it always happens in Indonesian drama. I loathe it, but I watch it every evening. I swear at its weirdness, but I keep watching it until I realize that I might be the biccheousseo one).

Never mind that. The grass is always greener on the other side. 

Just like, a month ago, I was in my school's drama team. The Illness i-CUTE Drama Team. The Illness it the title (do not get confused, pls). We practiced for like, 10 days before the big day. 

Who would've ever thought that I would join such competitions? Exactly. No one. Including me.

I fail to remember the reason why I joined the drama (maybe I got hit by a rock, who knows?). But yeah, it opens for form 1, 2 and 4 students. Maybe I should remind yall that I'm forever fourteen. Very young indeed. I know. But people often asked me if I was in primary school. And I laugh yeah because it's funnny. I know laa I ni awet muda.



So here's a pic of us all. Auntie Hasbe, Teacher Syakk, the crews and actors and actresses.

#theillness


It was, at first, began so awkward. We'd never known each other, never even know one existed. Everyone thought it was mission impossible. How can we do this in only 10 DAYS?

But Auntie believed us. At those darn times we did not believe even in ourselves.

And look now, we've got Number 2. Very surprising as nobody ever thought we could win. Not even our PK HEM, but the reason we could do this drama was because our beloved ayahanda (principal) believed in us and decided to give us a chance. A chance to win. A chance to do our best.


Yeayyy!!! We've got Amitabh Bachchan on our side too, yeahhh!!!!!! =D
Hurray to i-CUTE team!! Hurrayyy!!!

The most important thing is, what we learnt from all this drama training.

We learnt how to be brave. 
To speak up. 
To communicate with others who are not even in the same beliefs as we are.
To learn English :)

Honestly, I just hope I can join drama again next year. I mean, I'm gonna sit for PT3 next year. In my school, SPM and PT3 candidates aren't allowed to join any competition after May.

Well, the world's not a wish-granting factory anyway. Better savour your ice-cream before ada burung camar mai sambar haha. (lawak semasa)

And of course, we also learnt to appreciate one another. To help and work as a team.

Do you know we've got all our props made from cardboard? The jeweleries, the glass, the pill bottles, the table, and most importantly the bed. Except the bathroom. We just use PVC and shower curtain. Tu pun last minute plan.

The bed, it was so difficult, it was actually beyond our lines. It keeps tercabut pieces by pieces. We were so stressed out. One of the crew, Hasbe (the niece of Auntie Hasbe), actually got a noseblood. Poor her. She's the props crew. No wonder she would be so stressed.

There are 5 crews, Hasbe is the props crew, Kak Umi is the music crew, Kak Aina as the costume manager, Harith is the stage manager and the last one is Naim, the techincal crew.

You should look up at Kak Aina's works. She could be the best fashion designer one day, ya know!

Then I think, the last thing is we learnt to learn from Auntie Hasbe. She teaches English drama and she opens something like a workshop (?) in KL. She's very rich. The same goes to her husband. They are so sweet together.

Right now, I keep re-watching The Illness video like, for almost the thousandth time. I keep reminiscing about the beautiful, the dark, sweet, tears and joys that we all created during the 10 days. And don't forget sweats as well yikss

Oh I fall in love with this team. It's the most close-knitted team I've ever joined. It's like.... ohana.


My wish, for you, is that this life
becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big,
and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry
more than you can hold,
And while you're out there,
getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you,
and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.


For the first time, I feel so sincere to say this.



Thank you. For everything.
:)

2 comments:

  1. as a BENL students, we get to do this once in awhile lol ._. and the last time I got up on the stage makes me feel like ... nu-oh, the stage wasn't for me XD backstage lagi okay for the shy (?) me ;')

    congrats btw! do what you love, work for it no matter what aiy aiy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tq! haha i was shy too, at first, but then doing this thing helped me to overcome that shyness heh

      Delete